This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing care to a postpartum client 24 hours after delivery who has been diagnosed ... (Read 47 times)

Shelles

The nurse is providing care to a postpartum client 24 hours after delivery who has been diagnosed with metritis. Which response by the nurse is accurate when the client asks what made her sick?

1. Early infections such as this are often caused by group beta strep (GBS).
  2. Most infections are often caused by a chlamydial infection. Do you practice safe sex?
  3. You must have already been sick when you came to deliver your baby.
  4. There is no way to knowing why you got sick. Sometimes it just happens.

Question 2

The nurse is conducting a postpartum visit to a client who is formula-feeding her infant. Which client statement indicates that teaching about weight maintenance has been effective?

1. I have increased my caloric intake by 600 calories per day.
  2. My dietician has set my weight loss goal at 1 to 2 pounds per week.
  3. Instead of making another doctor's appointment, I started a diet that my best friend recommended.
  4. My daily regimen includes taking extra vitamin A, vitamin C, and thiamine in order to meet my body's increased need for nutrients after pregnancy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

coreycathey

Answer to Question 1

Explanation:
1. Most early metritis infections are caused by group beta strep (GBS).
2. Most late, not early, metritis infections are caused by chlamydia. Also, it is not appropriate to ask her about safe sex practices at this time.
3. Telling the client that she was sick when she came to deliver the baby is often not true and does not specifically address the client's question.
4. This response is inaccurate as most cases of early metritis are attributed to a GBS infection.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation:
1. If the mother has a good understanding of nutritional principles, it is sufficient to advise her to reduce her daily caloric intake by about 300 kcal and to return to prepregnancy levels for other nutrients.
2. Weight loss goals of 1 to 2 pounds (0.45 to 0.9 kg)/week are usually suggested for mothers who formula-feed.
3. The woman should diet only under the guidance of her primary healthcare provider.
4. After birth, the formula-feeding mother's dietary requirements return to prepregnancy levels.

Shelles

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

mcarey591

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library