This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Radiation is the most predominant mode of heat loss in a newborn baby. Radiation refers to: a. ... (Read 51 times)

jon_i

Radiation is the most predominant mode of heat loss in a newborn baby. Radiation refers to:

a. loss of heat through water evaporation from the baby.
  b. loss of heat through the baby shivering.
  c. loss of heat from the baby's surface to surrounding colder objects.
  d. loss of heat to moving air or fluid around the baby.

Question 2

A woman 3 days postpartum phones you because she is worried about her blood loss. How would you determine whether it was excessive or normal?

a. Check on the size and number of blood clots.
  b. Ask how often she is changing her sanitary pads.
  c. Ask her the colour and general amount of blood loss she has had over the last hour.
  d. All of the above.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zhanghao

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
:D TYSM

Kedrick2014

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library