This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When preparing to apply a restraint to a child, what would be most important for the nurse to do? ... (Read 52 times)

dbose

When preparing to apply a restraint to a child, what would be most important for the nurse to do?

A) Expect to keep the restraint on for at least 8 hours.
  B) Explain that safety, not punishment, is the reason for the restraint.
  C) Plan to use a square knot to secure the restraint to the side rails.
  D) Use a limb restraint rather than a jacket restraint for most issues.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for an immunosuppressed 3-year-old girl and is providing teaching to the mother about proper oral hygiene. Which response from the mother indicates a need for further teaching?

A) I really need to carefully check for skin breakdown.
  B) I must really scrub her teeth and gums well.
  C) I must use a soft toothbrush.
  D) I can use a soft gauze sponge to care for her gums.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cpetit11

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
Before applying a restraint, the nurse needs to explain the reason for the restraint to the child, emphasizing that the restraint is for safety, not to punish the child. The least restrictive type of restraint should be used, and it should be applied for the shortest time necessary. A clove-hitch knot is used to secure the restraint with ties to the bed or crib frame, not the side rails.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The nurse should caution the mother that overly vigorous brushing should be avoided as it can injure or irritate the gums. The other statements are recommended guidelines for care.

dbose

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library