Author Question: The nurse is teaching a group of caregivers of infants on various topics. Which statement made by a ... (Read 33 times)

Capo

The nurse is teaching a group of caregivers of infants on various topics. Which statement made by a caregiver indicates an understanding of infant bathing?

A) When I bathe my baby, I shampoo his hair each time as well.
  B) Giving my baby a bath every day during cold weather will help her stay warm.
  C) My husband uses plain water on our babies face but I use mild soap.
  D) Now that my baby is bigger, she seems to enjoy having powder applied after her bath.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a baby admitted to the hospital for a surgical procedure. What should the nurse do to make the experience as stress-free as possible for the child? (Select all that apply.)

A) Sing songs
  B) Play music in the room
  C) Coo and cuddle the baby
  D) Medicate for pain as prescribed
  E) Permit periods of rest without stimulation

kusterl

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, B, C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library