This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which is an important consideration for the nurse when changing dressings and applying topical ... (Read 35 times)

fbq8i

Which is an important consideration for the nurse when changing dressings and applying topical medication to a child's abdomen and leg burns?

a. Apply topical medication with clean hands.
  b. Wash hands and forearms before and after dressing change.
  c. If dressings adhere to the wound, soak in hot water before removal.
  d. Apply dressing so that movement is limited during the healing process.

Question 2

Which is one of the first signs of overwhelming sepsis in a child with burn injuries?

a. Seizures
  b. Bradycardia
  c. Disorientation
  d. Decreased blood pressure

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Pswine

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Frequent hand and forearm washing is the single most important element of the infection-control program. Topical medications should be applied with a tongue blade or gloved hand. Dressings that have adhered to the wound can be removed with tepid water or normal saline. Dressings are applied with sufficient tension to remain in place but not so tightly as to impair circulation or limit motion.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Disorientation in the burn patient is one of the first signs of overwhelming sepsis and may indicate inadequate hydration. Seizures, bradycardia, and decreased blood pressure are not initial manifestations of overwhelming sepsis.

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library