This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is teaching a pregnant woman with preterm premature rupture of membranes who is about to be ... (Read 25 times)

HudsonKB16

A nurse is teaching a pregnant woman with preterm premature rupture of membranes who is about to be discharged home about caring for herself. Which statement by the woman indicates a need for additional teaching?

A) I need to keep a close eye on how active my baby is each day.
  B) I need to call my doctor if my temperature increases.
  C) It's okay for my husband and me to have sexual intercourse.
  D) I can shower but I shouldn't take a tub bath.

Question 2

A pregnant woman is admitted with premature rupture of the membranes. The nurse is assessing the woman closely for possible infection.

Which of the following would lead the nurse to suspect that the woman is developing an infection? (Select all that apply.)
  A) Fetal bradycardia
  B) Abdominal tenderness
  C) Elevated maternal pulse rate
  D) Decreased C-reactive protein levels
  E) Cloudy malodorous fluid