This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After describing continuous internal electronic fetal monitoring to a laboring woman and her ... (Read 24 times)

cdr_15

After describing continuous internal electronic fetal monitoring to a laboring woman and her partner, which of the following would indicate the need for additional teaching?

A) This type of monitoring is the most accurate method for our baby.
  B) Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stay quite still in bed while it is in place.
  C) This type of monitoring can only be used after my membranes rupture.
  D) You'll be inserting a special electrode into my baby's scalp.

Question 2

The nurse interprets which of the following as evidence that a client is in the taking-in phase?

A) Client states, He has my eyes and nose.
  B) Client shows interest in caring for the newborn.
  C) Client performs self-care independently.
  D) Client confidently cares for the newborn.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ASDFGJLO

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library