This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is discussing the prevention of sexually transmitted infections with the parents of a ... (Read 42 times)

SO00

The nurse is discussing the prevention of sexually transmitted infections with the parents of a 12-year-old girl. Which statement by the mother indicates that teaching was effective?

a. I will have my daughter receive the Gardasil vaccine to help protect against the human papillomavirus.
  b. My daughter will not need any vaccinations because she is not sexually active.
  c. My daughter will need to receive the Gardasil vaccine when she is twenty-two years old.
  d. The only way to prevent sexually transmitted diseases is to remain abstinent.

Question 2

Protrusion of the bladder downward into the vagina is known as:

a. A cystocele
  b. An enterocele
  c. Uterine prolapse
  d. A rectocele

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

SomethingSomething

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Gardasil is a vaccine newly approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to protect against certain types of HPV, which is associated with higher rates of cervical cancer.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
A cystocele occurs when the upper vaginal wall becomes weakened and unable to support the bladder, causing a downward displacement of the bladder.

SO00

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
:D TYSM

lkanara2

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library