This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: To assess a couple's adaptation to parenthood, which opening would be best? a. Is parenting as ... (Read 26 times)

Brittanyd9008

To assess a couple's adaptation to parenthood, which opening would be best?

a. Is parenting as hard as you thought it would be?
  b. What is the worst part of being a new parent?
  c. Tell me what your first week as parents has been like.
  d. Do you think you have adjusted well to parenting?

Question 2

On the first postpartum home visit, the nurse finds that the patient is not carrying out all of the instructions given her when she was hospitalized. Which remark by the nurse is most appropriate?

a. Don't you remember how the nurses taught you to do this?
  b. It's very important that you do exactly as I say. I want you to read this material before I return next week.
  c. Why aren't you following the directions we gave you?
  d. Childbirth is so overwhelmingit's easy to forget what people tell you. Let's review the instructions.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ciecieme

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Asking them what their first week of parenting has been like is open-ended and makes no assumption about how the parents are doing. It provides an opportunity to discuss any aspect of parenting they wish.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
During the postpartum period, the woman may be overwhelmed with information and remember little of it. Therefore, verbal information should be reinforced and supplemented with written material. Option D demonstrates acceptance of the patient and an offer to repeat necessary information.

Brittanyd9008

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

ASDFGJLO

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library