This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has been teaching a pregnant woman at 32 weeks' gestation about signs and symptoms of ... (Read 37 times)

tuffie

The nurse has been teaching a pregnant woman at 32 weeks' gestation about signs and symptoms of gestational hypertension and potential warning signs of possible complications. The nurse recognizes the need for further teaching when the woman states:

a. I will weigh myself every morning after voiding, before breakfast, and call my care provider if I notice a gain of 1 lbs or more in 1 week.
  b. If I have any vision changes, I will notify my care provider.
  c. If I have a headache, I will take some acetaminophen.
  d. I will count my baby's kicks twice a day in the morning and evening.

Question 2

During an assessment of an infant born to an intravenous drug abuser, the nurse should recognize which sign(s) and/or symptom(s) as indicative of drug withdrawal?

a. Plethora and a high-pitched, shrill cry
  b. Jaundice and sneezing 3 days after delivery
  c. Tremor and hyperactive reflexes
  d. Restlessness and seedy, yellow-brown stools

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nguyenhoanhat

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
In early gestational hypertension, if the woman is well informed and able to carry out the medical and nursing instructions (e.g., report headaches, visual disturbances, epigastric pain), management may be provided on an outpatient basis. Daily weights and fetal kick counts are appropriate home care.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Clinical manifestations of withdrawal in a neonate reflect autonomic nervous system hyperirritability, including tremor; restlessness; sneezing; hyperactive reflexes; and a high-pitched, shrill cry. Plethora is typically associated with maternal diabetes. Jaundice is a common finding with hyperbilirubinemia. Seedy, yellow-brown stools are normal for a neonate.

tuffie

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library