This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 4-year-old child tells the nurse that she doesn't want another blood sample drawn because I need ... (Read 25 times)

renzo156

A 4-year-old child tells the nurse that she doesn't want another blood sample drawn because I need all of my insides and I don't want anyone taking them out. What is the nurse's best interpretation of this?

a. The child is being overly dramatic.
  b. The child has a disturbed body image.
  c. Preschoolers have poorly defined body boundaries.
  d. Preschoolers normally have a good understanding of their bodies.

Question 2

The test that provides the most reliable evidence of recent streptococcal infection is which?

a. Throat culture
  b. Mantoux test
  c. Antistreptolysin O test
  d. Elevation of liver enzymes

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

scikid

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Preschoolers have little understanding of body boundaries, which leads to fears of mutilation. The child is not capable of being dramatic at this age. She truly has fear. Body image is just developing in school-age children. Preschoolers do not have good understanding of their bodies.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Antistreptolysin O (ASLO) titers measure the concentration of antibodies formed in the blood against this product. Normally, the titers begin to rise about 7 days after onset of the infection and reach maximum levels in 4 to 6 weeks. Therefore, a rising titer demonstrated by at least two ASLO tests is the most reliable evidence of recent streptococcal infection.

renzo156

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library