This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which is an appropriate nursing measure when a baby has an unexpected defect? a. Remove the baby ... (Read 12 times)

Mr. Wonderful

Which is an appropriate nursing measure when a baby has an unexpected defect?

a. Remove the baby from the delivery area immediately.
  b. Inform the parents immediately that something is wrong.
  c. Tell the parents that the baby has to go to the nursery immediately.
  d. Explain the defect and show the baby to the parents as soon as possible.

Question 2

When the nurse is alone with a battered client, the client seems extremely anxious and says, It was all my fault. The house was so messy when he got home and I know he hates that. Which is the best response by the nurse?

a. No one deserves to be hurt. It's not your fault. How can I help you?
  b. What else do you do that makes him angry enough to hurt you?
  c. He will never find out what we talk about. Don't worry. We're here to help you.
  d. You have to remember that he is frustrated and angry, so he takes it out on you.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tonny

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Parents experience less anxiety when they are told about the defect as early as possible and are allowed to touch and hold the baby. The parents should be able to touch and hold the baby as soon as possible. The nurse should not take the baby away; this would raise anxiety levels of the parents. They should be told about the defect and allowed to see the baby.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The nurse should stress that the client is not at fault. Asking what the woman did to make him angry enough to hurt the client is placing the blame on the woman. The nurse cannot promise that the batterer will not learn of the conversation. Often the batterer will find out about the conversation. Explaining the batterer's actions is placing the blame on the woman and finding excuses for the batterer.

Mr. Wonderful

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

LegendaryAnswers

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library