This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is being prepared for discharge with her newborn. She tells you about the antique crib she ... (Read 6 times)

jc611

A client is being prepared for discharge with her newborn. She tells you about the antique crib she inherited from her grandmother and how excited she is about using it for her newborn. Which information should be cause for concern?

a. The crib slats are 3 1/2 inches apart.
  b. The crib has been stripped and repainted with a lead-free paint.
  c. The mattress fits snugly in the crib with -inch space around the sides.
  d. The side rail hardware has been replaced so that the latches remain fastened.

Question 2

A new mother asks the nurse, How will I know early signs of hunger in my baby? The nurse's best response is which of the following? (Select all that apply.)

a. Crying
  b. Rooting
  c. Lip smacking
  d. Decrease in activity
  e. Sucking on the hands

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djpooyouma

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
An infant's head may become wedged between slats that are more than 3 inches apart. The crib should be painted with lead-free paint, which is safest and appropriate. The mattress needs to fit snugly to prevent suffocation. Replacing the side rail hardware so that the latches remain fastened is the appropriate action to ensure the safety of the crib.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B, C, E
Early signs of hunger in a baby are rooting, lip smacking, and sucking on the hands. Crying is a late sign, and the baby's activity will increase, not decrease.

jc611

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Excellent

emsimon14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library