This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman with postpartum depression resists treatment, saying: Who cares if I'm depressed? It only ... (Read 14 times)

formula1

A woman with postpartum depression resists treatment, saying: Who cares if I'm depressed? It only affects me. What response by the nurse is best?

A.
  Don't you think your family would like you to get treatment?
  B.
  Infants of depressed mothers have delayed development.
  C.
  You may harm your baby if your depression is not treated.
  D.
  We care that you are depressed and want you to feel better.

Question 2

A patient was discharged from the hospital on warfarin sodium (Coumadin) and is now in the perinatal clinic for follow-up. Which of the following would best indicate to the nurse that goals for discharge teaching have been met?

A.
  Chooses aspirin for pain relief
  B.
  Eats large salads three times a week
  C.
  Patient INR of 2.5
  D.
  Patient aPTT of 2 times normal

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ecabral0

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Infants of mothers with depression are more likely to have delays in psychosocial and cognitive development and may be fussier than infants whose mothers are not depressed. Giving the woman factual information about a consequence of untreated depression may help her make a decision about treatment. The other statements are emotionally manipulative and are likely to induce guilt.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Warfarin therapy is monitored with the PT and INR, and in many places, the INR has replaced the PT. A therapeutic INR is 2-3.5. This patient's INR is therapeutic. Aspirin can potentiate the risk of bleeding when taken with warfarin. Green leafy vegetables contain vitamin K, which can counteract warfarin. The patient should eat a consistent amount of foods containing vitamin K and not binge occasionally. The aPTT is used to monitor heparin therapy.

formula1

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
:D TYSM

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library