This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 9-year-old child hospitalized for neutropenia is placed in protective isolation. What is the most ... (Read 47 times)

MGLQZ

A 9-year-old child hospitalized for neutropenia is placed in protective isolation. What is the most appropriate response for the nurse to make when the child asks, Why do you have to wear a gown and mask when you are in my room?

a. Nurses and doctors wear gowns and masks because you have a condition that could be spread to others.
  b. The gown and mask are to protect you because you could get an infection very easily.
  c. I'm wearing this because there are a lot of bacteria in the hospital.
  d. I might look scary but you won't need this after you have had medication for 24 hours.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing to administer immunizations at a well-child clinic. Which method of administration will the nurse implement?

a. DTaP subcutaneously
  b. Hib vaccine prepared in a separate syringe
  c. Varicella intramuscularly
  d. Varicella 1 week after the MMR vaccine

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Anton

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Protective isolation is used for patients who are not communicable but have a lowered resistance and are highly susceptible to infection.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Hib vaccine must be given in a separate syringe from other vaccines administered at the same time.

MGLQZ

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

dantucker

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library