This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: On the first day following a severe burn, the body's fluid reserves have left the circulating volume ... (Read 62 times)

joe

On the first day following a severe burn, the body's fluid reserves have left the circulating volume and entered the interstitial space, causing massive edema. What should the nurse monitor for very closely in the burn victim?

a. Increasing intracranial pressure
  b. Reduced urine output
  c. Eschar formation
  d. Fluid overload

Question 2

Which statement made by a parent indicates an understanding of the topical application of medications for a skin condition?

a. I apply the medication after I give my child a bath.
  b. I rub the ointment in a circular motion over the rash.
  c. I increased the amount of cream because the rash was not improving.
  d. I use powder and cornstarch to keep the skin dry.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macybarnes

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
With the fluid shift associated with severe burns, the nurse must be observant for the reduction of urine, an indication of altered renal function.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Absorption of topical medications is best when preparations are applied after a warm bath.

joe

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

sultana.d

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library