This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The 6-year-old scheduled for an orchiopexy shyly asks the nurse, What are they going to do to me ... (Read 9 times)

hubes95

The 6-year-old scheduled for an orchiopexy shyly asks the nurse, What are they going to do to me 'down there'? What is the nurse's best response?

a. They are going to fix you up 'down there'.
  b. They will move your testicle from your abdomen to your scrotum.
  c. What do you think your doctor is going to do?
  d. You shouldn't worry. Your doctor knows exactly what to do.

Question 2

The nurse is explaining to a 17-year-old female the actions to prevent urinary tract infection. Which is the best beverage for the nurse to recommend to keep urine acidic?

a. Milk
  b. Grape juice
  c. Apple juice
  d. Orange juice

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

batool

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Encourage the patient to talk about what he knows and what feelings he has about the surgery. School-age children have a fear of bodily harm.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Juices such as apple or cranberry help maintain acidity of urine.

hubes95

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library