Author Question: The nurse discussed strategies with a parent to prevent a recurrence of urinary tract infection in ... (Read 45 times)

EY67

The nurse discussed strategies with a parent to prevent a recurrence of urinary tract infection in the child. Which statement made by the parent indicates a need for further teaching?

a. My daughter should wash and wipe the perineal area from front to back.
  b. I am only going to have my daughter wear cotton underwear.
  c. It is acceptable to take frequent bubble baths.
  d. She needs to drink lots of fluids and void frequently.

Question 2

The nurse explains the medically accepted definition of constipation is fewer than _____ bowel movements in a 2-week period.

ANS:

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Oils in bubble bath and similar products are known to irritate the urethra.

Answer to Question 2

seven

The medically accepted definition of constipation is fewer than seven bowel movements in a 2-week period.