This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The parents of a hospitalized toddler are upset because she seems more interested in her toys when ... (Read 25 times)

colton

The parents of a hospitalized toddler are upset because she seems more interested in her toys when they come to visit her. In which stage of separation anxiety is the toddler?

a. Protest
  b. Despair
  c. Denial
  d. Attachment

Question 2

Which statement best corresponds to a preschooler's understanding of hospitalization?

a. A germ made me get sick.
  b. I got sick because I was mad at my brother.
  c. My tonsils are sick and they have to come out.
  d. I have a cast because I broke my leg.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

skipfourms123

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
In the stage of denial or detachment, the child appears to deny the need for the parents and becomes uninterested in their visits.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The preschooler may feel guilty, particularly if an accident happens as a result of mischief on his or her part.

colton

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

vickybb89

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library