This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The school nurse is educating high school students about guidelines to be followed when ... (Read 23 times)

captainjonesify

The school nurse is educating high school students about guidelines to be followed when participating in sports. Which statement by a student alerts the nurse of the need for further information?

a. I will eat carbohydrates before practice.
  b. I drink large amounts of fluid when working out.
  c. I wear protective gear every time I play sports.
  d. I avoid caffeine when participating in sports.

Question 2

The nurse suggests the use of I messages to communicate a parent's feeling to an adolescent. What is the most appropriate example of an I message?

a. I feel frightened when you stay out past your curfew.
  b. I am your mother, and I insist that you observe your curfew.
  c. I am sick and tired of your staying out late.
  d. I expect you to show me proper respect.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

soda0602

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Fluids lost by sweat must be replaced by drinking small amounts of fluid during a workout. Thirst is one guide for intake. Caffeine and alcohol deplete body water and are to be avoided. Carbohydrates that provide both energy and other nutrients are best for athletes. Protective gear should be worn by all team players in any contact sport.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
This is the only statement that associates the parent's feelings about the adolescent behavior that is not aggressive or accusatory.

captainjonesify

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

Hdosisshsbshs

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library