This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is educating a group of preschool parents about the importance of safety. Which statement ... (Read 20 times)

notis

The nurse is educating a group of preschool parents about the importance of safety. Which statement by a parent indicates the need for further education?

a. I continue to provide a great deal of indirect supervision for my child.
  b. My stairway is always free of clutter.
  c. I only leave my child in the car for brief moments.
  d. Medications are kept in a locked cabinet.

Question 2

Parents of a 5-year-old child tell the nurse they are concerned about their child's speech development by stating, No one can understand him but us. What clinical classification of speech disorder does the nurse suspect?

a. Global language delay
  b. Expressive language delay
  c. Language loss
  d. Articulation disorder

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cat123

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Children must not play in or around the car or be left alone, even for a brief moment, in the car. Preschool children still require a good deal of indirect supervision to protect them from dangers that arise from their immature judgment or social environment. Stairways should be free of clutter and medications kept out of reach.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
When parents are the only people to understand their preschool child, an articulation disorder is suspected.

notis

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Excellent

Liamb2179

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library