Author Question: Which statement indicates the mother of an 8-month-old understands infant sleep patterns? a. I ... (Read 30 times)

wenmo

Which statement indicates the mother of an 8-month-old understands infant sleep patterns?

a. I put the baby in my bed until she falls asleep, then I put her in her crib.
  b. I let the baby skip an afternoon nap so that she will fall asleep earlier.
  c. I put the pacifier in the crib so that she can find it when she wakes up.
  d. I rock the baby back to sleep if she wakes up at night.

Question 2

What is the most appropriate activity to recommend to parents to promote sensorimotor stimulation for a 1-year-old?

a. Ride a tricycle.
  b. Spend time in an infant swing.
  c. Play with push-pull toys.
  d. Read large picture books.

bobsmith

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The parent should assist the infant to develop self-soothing behaviors so that the infant can get back to sleep on her own.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Push-pull toys are appropriate to promote sensorimotor stimulation for a 1-year-old child.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library