Author Question: The nurse has explained physiological changes that occur during pregnancy. Which statement indicates ... (Read 13 times)

deesands

The nurse has explained physiological changes that occur during pregnancy. Which statement indicates that the woman understands the information?

a. Blood pressure goes up toward the end of pregnancy.
  b. My breathing will get deeper and a little faster.
  c. I'll notice a decreased pigmentation in my skin.
  d. There will be a curvature in the upper spine area.

Question 2

During the physical examination for the first prenatal visit, it is noted that Chadwick's sign is present. What is Chadwick's sign?

a. Bluish or purplish discoloration of the vulva, vagina, and cervix
  b. Presence of early fetal movements
  c. Darkening of the areola and breast tenderness
  d. Palpation of the fetal outline

TheDev123

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The pregnant woman breathes more deeply, and her respiratory rate may increase slightly.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Chadwick's sign is the purplish or bluish discoloration of the cervix and vagina.