Author Question: You are hiking in a forest and happen upon a plant featuring a central stemlike (Read 607 times)

Sandstorm

You are hiking in a forest and happen upon a plant featuring a central stemlike structure from which sprout many, tiny, leaflike structures. Which of the following would be the most certain means of distinguishing whether it was a true moss or a club moss?
A) its color
B) its height
C) if seeds are present
D) if conducting tissues are present
E) the appearance of its spore-producing structures

Hungry!

Try E, I remember this on my test last week. I'm sure I got it right ;)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Sandstorm

I appreciate it! This site is the best :D

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library