Author Question: During glacial periods in the early evolution of land plants, which of the follo (Read 886 times)

Sandstorm

During glacial periods in the early evolution of land plants, which of the following would have been a beneficial adaptation regarding the number of stomata per unit surface area, and what accounts for it?
A) increased numbers of stomata, to maximize absorption of increasing levels of atmospheric CO2
B) increased numbers of stomata, to maximize ability to absorb low levels of atmospheric CO2
C) decreased numbers of stomata, to retain CO2 produced by the chloroplasts
D) decreased numbers of stomata, to maximize absorption of low levels of atmospheric CO2

Hungry!

Try B, I remember this on my test last week. I'm sure I got it right ;)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Sandstorm

Big respects :D Best homework site every.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library