Author Question: Choose the option that corrects the following misplaced modifier: While walking on the beach, the ... (Read 66 times)

Kikoku

Choose the option that corrects the following misplaced modifier: While walking
  on the beach, the flip flops kicked sand onto the back of my wet legs.

a) While walking on the beach, I felt my flip flops kick sand onto the back of
  my wet legs.
  b) While walking on the beach, sand was kicked onto the backs of my wet
  legs.
  c) While I was walking on the beach, my flip flops kicked sand on the backs
  of my wet legs.

Question 2

Which sentence is correct, clear, and concise?

A) The senior citizen's principal mood was one of irritation.
  B) The octogenarian experienced constant irritation about the limitations of his
  mental ability.
  C) The old man was usually irritable.
  D) The elderly person's predominant mental condition was one of extreme
  irritation.

mceravolo

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library