This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Al drove by Dijon Enterprises and was excited to see the Lexus with the personalized license plates ... (Read 25 times)

futuristic

Al drove by Dijon Enterprises and was excited to see the Lexus with the personalized license plates parked in the president's reserved parking spot. Al knew that this car belonged to the president of the company, with whom he had been trying to meet. In fact, Al spent the last three months trying to get an appointment. Al parked his car, confidently approached the secretary's desk, and introduced himself.

Hi, I'm Alfred Rodgers from the Kent Company. Is Mr. Bill in?

The secretary smiled and returned his greeting. Glad to meet you. I'm Sophie, Mr. Bill's personal assistant. I'm sorry, but he's not in today..

Al started to say But I saw . . .. and then hesitated while he collected his thoughts and decided how best to respond.

Is there anything Al can do to get around the gatekeeper?

Question 2

Al drove by Dijon Enterprises and was excited to see the Lexus with the personalized license plates parked in the president's reserved parking spot. Al knew that this car belonged to the president of the company, with whom he had been trying to meet. In fact, Al spent the last three months trying to get an appointment. Al parked his car, confidently approached the secretary's desk, and introduced himself.

Hi, I'm Alfred Rodgers from the Kent Company. Is Mr. Bill in?

The secretary smiled and returned his greeting. Glad to meet you. I'm Sophie, Mr. Bill's personal assistant. I'm sorry, but he's not in today..

Al started to say But I saw . . .. and then hesitated while he collected his thoughts and decided how best to respond.

Does Al really want to confront Sophie (the president's personal assistant) about his belief that the president is in?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

SAUXC

Answer to Question 1

There are several strategies sales representatives can use to get around gatekeepers and contact the buyer. Al could phone the company and ask for the president by a first nameimplying that he is a personal friendand the gatekeeper might put his call through. Another technique for getting around a gatekeeper is calling before or after office hours, or calling during lunch. If the gatekeeper is not there to answer the phone, the president may pick up. Both these tactics are risky however, since more than likely, the sales representative will have to work with the gatekeeper eventually to get an appointment. While these tactics may work in the short run, they may be detrimental long term.

If it looks like the gatekeeper is going to be a problem, Al may want to begin his sales strategy by building a relationship with the gatekeeper. Small gifts or product samples (if appropriate) might be a way to start.

Answer to Question 2

Al probably wants to be very careful here. On the one hand, if the president is in and the gatekeeper is lying, Al has a right to be upset. On the other hard, if he wants to develop a long-term relationship with the president, he will probably also need to develop a positive relationship with the gatekeeper. Confronting her with an accusation may not be the best way to begin that relationship. It would, however, be perfectly reasonable to ask about the car in the parking spot; there is always a possibility for a logical explanation (maybe the gatekeeper dropped the president at the airport and drove his car back to the office). However Al needs to be very non-confrontational when asking the question.

futuristic

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kilada

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library