This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Extremely cold winter weather has destroyed oranges in Florida. The freeze has caused A) scarcity ... (Read 88 times)

sjones

Extremely cold winter weather has destroyed oranges in Florida. The freeze has caused

A) scarcity because there are less oranges now than people want.
  B) scarcity because people have to switch to other types of citrus fruits.
  C) a shortage because people cannot obtain as many oranges as they wish to buy at the pre-freeze price.
  D) a shortage because the orange growers will have less income.

Question 2

Which of the following statements about markets is correct? I. A market helps resources move to their highest-valued uses by means of prices changes. II. A market represents the exchanges of both buyers and sellers.

A) I only
  B) II only
  C) Both I and II
  D) Neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brbarasa

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C

sjones

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
Excellent

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library