This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What is the difference between foreign direct investment and foreign portfolio investment? A) ... (Read 115 times)

ss2343

What is the difference between foreign direct investment and foreign portfolio investment?

A) Foreign direct investment involves purchases of foreign stock or bonds by individuals or firms, while foreign portfolio investment involves a firm purchasing or building a facility in a foreign country.
  B) Individuals engage in foreign portfolio investment, but only firms can engage in foreign direct investment.
  C) Foreign direct investment can give a low-income country access to funds and technology it would not otherwise have, but foreign portfolio investment does not expand that access.
  D) Foreign direct investment only takes place when governments make official purchases or foreign investments, while foreign portfolio investment takes place when firms, individuals, or the government purchase foreign investments.

Question 2

Use the equations for public and private saving to demonstrate how total saving in the economy equals investment.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macagn

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

Private saving is equal to Y + TR - C - T, and public saving is equal to T - G - TR. Adding private saving and public saving together yields (Y + TR - C - T) + (T - G - TR) = Y - C - G. In a closed economy (with no net exports), Y= C + I + G, so Y - C - G = I, and the sum of public and private saving is equal to investment.

ss2343

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library