Author Question: Money cannot serve as a medium of exchange unless it also serves as a store of value. Is this ... (Read 25 times)

luvbio

Money cannot serve as a medium of exchange unless it also serves as a store of value. Is this statement true or false? Explain.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Refer to Figure 18-1. Area E + H represents

A) the portion of sales tax revenue borne by consumers.
  B) the portion of sales tax revenue borne by producers.
  C) the excess burden of the sales tax.
  D) sales tax revenue collected by the government.

janeli1

Answer to Question 1

This statement is true. If money does not hold its value over time, it will not be accepted in exchange for goods and services. I must be confident that money I accept today for a good or service rendered will be considered valuable tomorrow when I seek to trade it for a good or service. Lacking that confidence I will not accept money today.

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library