This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How does monopoly arise? What will be an ideal response?[br][br][b][color=#566D7E]Question ... (Read 46 times)

fbq8i

How does monopoly arise?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Refer to Figure 3-6. The figure above represents the market for canvas tote bags. Compare the conditions in the market when the price is 50 and when the price is 35. Which of the following describes how the market differs at these prices?

A) The difference between quantity supplied and quantity demanded is greater at 50 than at 35.
  B) At each price there is a surplus; firms will lower the equilibrium price in order to eliminate the surplus.
  C) At each price the supply of tote bags exceeds that demand for tote bags.
  D) At each price there is a surplus; the surplus is greater at 35 than at 50.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

janeli

Answer to Question 1

Monopoly arises if a firm is selling a good that has no close substitutes and if the firm is protected from competition by a barrier to entry. As a result, a monopoly is the only firm in its market.

Answer to Question 2

A

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

dyrone

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library