This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Why would an economist argue that tuition is not the largest cost of attending a state university? ... (Read 54 times)

mydiamond

Why would an economist argue that tuition is not the largest cost of attending a state university?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Money cannot serve as a medium of exchange unless it also serves as a store of value. Is this statement true or false? Explain.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

itsakadoozi

Answer to Question 1

The largest cost of attending a university is the opportunity cost of the student's time. This could be measured by the foregone income that could have been earned if the student worked instead of attending classes.

Answer to Question 2

This statement is true. If money does not hold its value over time, it will not be accepted in exchange for goods and services. I must be confident that money I accept today for a good or service rendered will be considered valuable tomorrow when I seek to trade it for a good or service. Lacking that confidence I will not accept money today.

mydiamond

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

xthemafja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library