Author Question: Perfectly competitive firms have total control over the price they set for their product. Explain ... (Read 28 times)

@Brianna17

Perfectly competitive firms have total control over the price they set for their product. Explain why the previous statement is correct or incorrect.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Kristen has an income of 450 per year to spend on music CDs and movies on DVDs. Initially the price of a CD is 15 and the price of a DVD is 22.50. The indifference curves in the figure above (I1, I2, and I3 ) reflect Kristen's preferences.

If the price of a DVD falls to 18, Kristen will buy A) 10 DVDs and 15 CDs per year.
  B) 15 DVDs and 12 CDs per year.
  C) 12.5 DVDs and 11 CDs per year.
  D) 13 DVDs and 15 CDs per year.

dyrone

Answer to Question 1

The statement is incorrect. Perfectly competitive firms are price takers, which means that they have no control over the price of their product. They must take the price given to them by the market as a whole, that is, they must take the price determined by the market demand and market supply.

Answer to Question 2

B