Author Question: When long-run average costs decrease as output increases, there are A) economies of scale. B) ... (Read 60 times)

Kikoku

When long-run average costs decrease as output increases, there are

A) economies of scale.
  B) diseconomies of scale.
  C) constant returns to scale.
  D) constant marginal costs.

Question 2

Pirates have been intensely attacking ships off the shore of Somalia this year. Boat owners have reportedly coughed up more than 30 million in ransom and insurance premiums have shot up. Why would insurance premiums increase dramatically?

I. Because the probability of pirate attack has increased
  II. Because consumers' willingness to pay for insurance has increased because of these attacks
  III. Because insurance claims have increased
  A) I only
  B) I and III only
  C) III only
  D) I, II, and III

Liddy

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library