Author Question: In which of the following cases does the tragedy of the commons occur? I. Cattle grazing on private ... (Read 28 times)

jwb375

In which of the following cases does the tragedy of the commons occur? I. Cattle grazing on private ranches. II. Catching lobsters off the coast of Florida. III. Raising salmon on salmon farms. IV. Using legal services provided by the courts.

A) I only
  B) II only
  C) II and III only
  D) I and IV only

Question 2

If Sony required all its retailers not to sell televisions from other companies, Sony would be engaging in what kind of activity? Is Sony's requirement legal or does it violate the Clayton Act?

What will be an ideal response?

elizabethrperez

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

Sony is engaged in an exclusive deal. The question of whether Sony's requirement is legal depends on whether it substantially lessens competition or creates a monopoly. If it does either, it is illegal under the Clayton Act. If it does neither, it is legal under the Clayton Act.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library