This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Four students: Alice, Betty, Cindy, and Deb were talking. Alice said I want to see something for ... (Read 29 times)

deesands

Four students: Alice, Betty, Cindy, and Deb were talking. Alice said I want to see something for myself before I believe it.. Betty said I know something is causing me to be so upset, even though I don't know for sure exactly what it is.. Cindy said I love science class because it's just like solving puzzles.. And Deb said  I like to read things in which every word counts. I like my reading material to be accurate, but as short as possible.. Which of the four students' statements reflects the scientific value of determinism?

a. Alice's c. Cindy's
  b. Betty's d. Deb's

Question 2

Four students: Alice, Betty, Cindy, and Deb were talking. Alice said I want to see something for myself before I believe it.. Betty said I know something is causing me to be so upset, even though I don't know for sure exactly what it is.. Cindy said I love science class because it's just like solving puzzles.. And Deb said  I like to read things in which every word counts. I like my reading material to be accurate, but as short as possible.. Which of the four students' statements reflects the scientific value of organization?

a. Alice's c. Cindy's
  b. Betty's d. Deb's

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

prumorgan

Answer to Question 1

B
Determinism is the belief that all events have causes, even if those cause are unknown. Betty's statement reflects the belief that something is causing her to be upset even though she doesn't know what it is.

Answer to Question 2

D
Organization is reflected in the concise and precise presentation of scientific ideas. Deb's statement reflects a preference for precise, concise information. This is organized information.

deesands

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ASDFGJLO

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library