Author Question: A monopolistically competitive firm and a perfectly competitive firm are alike because both types of ... (Read 52 times)

RODY.ELKHALIL

A monopolistically competitive firm and a perfectly competitive firm are alike because both types of firms

I. face downward sloping demand curves.
  II. have marginal revenue curves that lie beneath their demand curves.
  III. can make only zero economic profit in the long run.
  A) I and II
  B) I and III
  C) III only
  D) I only

Question 2

Which of the following best explains why monopolistically competitive firms face a downward sloping demand curve while perfectly competitive firms do not?

A) Monopolistically competitive firms sell a differentiated good.
  B) Monopolistically competitive industries have only a few firms.
  C) Monopolistically competitive firms have barriers to entry.
  D) Only industries with free entry and exit have firms that face horizontal demand curves.

14vl19

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library