Author Question: Committing a Type I error means: A) you accept the null hypothesis when it is actually false B) ... (Read 23 times)

Lisaclaire

Committing a Type I error means:

A) you accept the null hypothesis when it is actually false
  B) you reject the null hypothesis when it is actually true
  C) your effect size is not large enough
  D) your experiment is not replicable

Question 2

If the critical value of a chi-square statistic were 3.841, and the chi-square value you obtained in a statistical analysis of your data were 6.89, this would mean that:

A) your results were statistically significant
  B) your results were not statistically significant
  C) you would be allowed to conduct a follow-up test on your results
  D) you would be allowed to reduce your alpha level to avoid a Type I error

deja

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library