This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Inflation in Vietnam rose to 27 percent in July 2008the highest inflation rate in Asia. Squeezed ... (Read 48 times)

ishan

Inflation in Vietnam rose to 27 percent in July 2008the highest inflation rate in Asia.

Squeezed on all sides, people are cutting back on food, limiting travel, looking for second jobs, delaying major purchases and waiting for the cost of a wedding to go down before marrying...Given this slowdown, Vietnam... is scaling back its plans for growth and economic development. ... Some are losing confidence in the ability of the government to manage the economy. And rumors of price increases have caused panic buying of fuel and rice. www.nytimes.com, 8/23/2008 The story provides an example of how inflation A) redistributes income.
  B) diverts resources from production.
  C) leads to increases in the consumer price index.
  D) can lead to changes in the CPI market basket.

Question 2

Which of the following is recorded in the U.S. balance of payments account?

I. foreign investment in the United States
  II. U.S. investment abroad
  III. the U.S. government deficit or surplus
  A) III only
  B) I and II
  C) I and III
  D) I, II and III

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brittanywood

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

ishan

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
:D TYSM

Liamb2179

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library