This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is correct? i. U.S. total surplus decreases when the United States exports a ... (Read 18 times)

Which of the following is correct? i. U.S. total surplus decreases when the United States exports a good. ii. U.S. total surplus decreases when the United States imports a good. iii. U.S.

total surplus increases when the United States imports a good and when it exports a good. A) i only
  B) iii only
  C) i and ii
  D) ii only
  E) None of the above because the U.S. total surplus does not change as a result of trade

Question 2

Deadweight loss refers to the loss in ________.

A) producer surplus due to a fall in the market price
  B) consumer surplus due to an increase in the market price
  C) total surplus due to a market distortion such as an externality
  D) total surplus due to a change in consumers' preferences

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

livaneabi

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
Wow, this really help

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library