Author Question: Why might economic policies aimed at stabilization actually increase the magnitudes of economic ... (Read 31 times)

student77

Why might economic policies aimed at stabilization actually increase the magnitudes of economic fluctuations?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

To find aggregate planned expenditures, which of the following must be added to consumption expenditure?

i. net exports
  ii. investment
  iii. government expenditure on goods and services
  A) i only B) ii only C) iii only D) i and ii E) i, ii, and iii

juwms

Answer to Question 1

Well-timed economic policies can reduce the magnitudes of economic fluctuations. But if the policies are poorly timed, they might work in the opposite direction of the desired outcome. The poor timing can come from lags in implementation, for instance, delay between the time that the policies are implemented and the time they take effect.

Answer to Question 2

E

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library