This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The deadweight loss of a tariff A) is a social loss because it promotes inefficient use of ... (Read 42 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

The deadweight loss of a tariff

A) is a social loss because it promotes inefficient use of national resources.
  B) is a social loss because it reduces the revenue of the government.
  C) is not a social loss because it merely redistributes revenue from one sector to another.
  D) is not a social loss because it is paid for by rich corporations.
  E) is not a social loss because it aids domestic consumers.

Question 2

Using a figure describing both the U.S. money market and the foreign exchange market, analyze the effects of a temporary increase in the European money supply on the dollar/euro exchange rate.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

peilian

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

An increase in the European money supply will reduce the interest rate on the euro and thus will cause the schedule of the expected euro return expresses in dollars to shift down, causing a reduction in the dollar/euro exchange rate, i.e., an appreciation of the U.S. Dollar. The euro depreciates against the dollar. The U.S. money demand and money supply are not going to be affected, and thus the interest rate in the U.S. will remain the same.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jun 30, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library