Author Question: Identify the error in judgment in each of the following statements: I. If you leave a concert during ... (Read 15 times)

go.lag

Identify the error in judgment in each of the following statements: I. If you leave a concert during the encore, you will avoid traffic and get home more rapidly; therefore everyone should leave during the encore. II. Whenever I wear my lucky baseball cap to an exam, I receive an A. My baseball cap must induce the teacher to give me good grades.

Question 2

Which of the following would not be counted as a final good for inclusion in GDP?
 a. a piece of glass bought by a consumer to fix a broken window
 b. a sheet of glass purchased by General Motors for the side window of a new car
 c. a sheet of glass produced this year and ending up in the inventory of a retail hardware store
  d. All of the above are counted.

sultansheikh

Answer to Question 1

Statement I is an example of the fallacy of composition.
Statement II is an example of confusing association with causation.

Answer to Question 2

b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library