This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The practice of giving students course credit for participation in psychological research is ... (Read 17 times)

ishan

The practice of giving students course credit for participation in psychological research is considered ethically acceptable when

a. the students sign a statement of informed consent.
  b. no deception is used in the research.
  c. the research involves minimal risk of harm to the participants.
  d. the students are free to refuse to participate or to withdraw at any time without any negative consequences.

Question 2

Imagine I conducted the following experiment: I used gender as a nonmanipulated independent variable and measured performance in my class. I measured performance by ranking everyone in the class, giving the person with the highest grade a 1, the person with the 2nd highest grade a 2, and so forth. Which statistic would I use to determine any differences in performance between these two groups?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dawsa925

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

Because the data are ordinal (ranked) you would use a Wilcoxon test. Furthermore, because the nonmanipulated independent variable is between-subjects (gender), the exact test would be the Wilcoxon Rank-Sum Test.

ishan

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library