This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is likely in a monopolized market? a. a price that exceeds marginal cost b. ... (Read 29 times)

RODY.ELKHALIL

Which of the following is likely in a monopolized market?
 a. a price that exceeds marginal cost
 b. a price that exceeds marginal revenue
 c. a welfare loss due to the restriction of output
  d. all of the above

Question 2

Discuss the relation between average variable cost (AVC) and marginal cost (MC) curves.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

karlss

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

The AVC and the MC curves depict an important relationship. At outputs less than the minimum of average variable cost (i.e., where the AVC curve is falling) marginal cost is less than average variable cost. Similarly, where the AVC curve is rising marginal cost is greater than average variable cost. Finally, if average variable cost is constant (as occurs near the minimum of AVC), it equals marginal cost. However, the reverse implications are not necessarily trueimmediately to the left of the minimum of AVC, MC is below it but the marginal cost curve itself is rising.

RODY.ELKHALIL

Reply 2 on: Jun 30, 2018
Gracias!

hollysheppard095

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library