This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: This factor contributes to the winner's curse a. your estimate of the value of the object was not ... (Read 62 times)

awywial

This factor contributes to the winner's curse
 a. your estimate of the value of the object was not the most optimistic
  b. your bid was not the highest
  c. there were not many other bidders you had to beat out
  d. you shaded your bid a lot

Question 2

Consider three ways of allocating two goods in a two-person exchange economy. I. Both individuals take prices as given and equilibrium prices are established by an impartial auctioneer. II. One individual can act as a perfect price discriminator and force the other individual to pay a different price for each unit of a good that is traded. III. One individual is a monopolist and can charge the other individual a single, utility-maximizing price. Which of these situations is efficient?
 a. None of them.
  b. Only I.
  c. I and II, but not III.
  d. I and III, but not II.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nickk12214

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

c

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library