Author Question: By the year 2025 the percentage of elderly in the U.S. should constitute nearly 10 of the ... (Read 12 times)

sdfghj

By the year 2025 the percentage of elderly in the U.S. should constitute nearly 10 of the population.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

Your aunt owns a gold mine. The marginal extraction cost of gold is 25 and remains constant over time. The current market price of a unit of gold is 200. Your aunt's appropriate discount rate is 12.

Next year, your aunt expects the price of a unit of gold to be 222. Should your aunt extract any gold from the mine this year?

Anonymous

Answer to Question 1

F

Answer to Question 2

No, she should not extract and sell any gold currently. This is because the return on the gold left in the mine exceeds her discount rate. That is,
(Pt+1 - c) > (1 + r)( Pt - c)  (222 - 25 ) > (1.12 )(200 - 25 ).