This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: For the respondents in Luna's study, raising children was a big part of their lives. In terms of ... (Read 28 times)

NClaborn

For the respondents in Luna's study, raising children was a big part of their lives. In terms of percentage, how many of these welfare mothers were currently raising children of their own at the time of the study?

a. All of them were raising their own children.
  b. Approximately 95 of them were raising their own children.
  c. About 50 were raising their own children, and also raising other people's children.
  d. These welfare mothers were mostly actually raising their grandchildren, which consisted of about 60 of them.

Question 2

Which of the following would NOT be a good example of an origin story used by the welfare mothers in this study?

a. I am on welfare because I do not have a car and cannot get to work since it's so far away.
  b. I am on welfare because I have a baby and I want to be a good mother and not leave my baby..
  c. I am on welfare because my husband left me and wouldn't help me out with the expenses for the children..
  d. I am on welfare because I just don't like to work and if the government is willing to give me the money, I sure as hell am going to take it. 9 .Which of the following woulod NOT be a good example of a continuity story used by the welfare mothers in this study?
 a. I am in control of my own life, and it is my choice to be on welfare since this is a free country that owes me these benefits.
  b. I don't intend to be on welfare forever, but I just need to have the assistance now so that I can take care of my children..
  c. I am a new immigrant to this country, I need to get settled here, and then I will get off welfare..
  d. I have a disability, but once my Social Security goes through I will get off welfare.