This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Imagine this conversation between a therapist and her client. Client: I have so much pressure Work, ... (Read 51 times)

jc611

Imagine this conversation between a therapist and her client.
  Client: I have so much pressure Work, school, family, dating ... I wonder how I can get it all done
  Therapist: You seem to have a lot of demands on your time.
  The therapist's comment demonstrates ____.

a. transference
  b. active listening
  c. unconditional positive regard
  d. congruence

Question 2

Theo believes that he is the mythological Norse god, Thor. He enters the client-centered therapist's office, waves a hammer in a threatening manner, and proclaims, I am the god of thunder He who does not bow before me will perish The client-centered therapist would most likely respond with which statement?

a. Do you like the attention you get when you act like Thor?
  b. You believe that you are quite powerful.
  c. When did you first realize that you were Thor?
  d. Thor, could you please ask Odin to come in too? The therapy won't be effective unless your parents are here too.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sammyo

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
b

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
b

jc611

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

nyrave

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library