This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Magdelana is a newborn who lives with both parents and is being breast-fed. Which statement most ... (Read 9 times)

Lisaclaire

Magdelana is a newborn who lives with both parents and is being breast-fed. Which statement most accurately describes her senses?

a. Her vision is as sharp as it will ever be.
  b. Magdelana can hear as well as the average adult.
  c. She has developed a preference for the scent of her mother, compared to the scent of other women.
  d. She has a preference for low-pitched sounds and voices.

Question 2

When you go over to visit your friend's new baby, your friend exclaims, Watch this Every time I touch his cheek, he turns his mouth towards my finger Because you've taken psychology, you know that this phenomenon is called the ____ reflex.

a. rooting
  b. grasping
  c. sucking
  d. complementary

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aburgess

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
c

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
a

Lisaclaire

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library